Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Helen Burns



Helen Burns
By, Ruth Anna P.

I'm one of the voices inside of your head,
Reminding you someday you too will be dead.

I won't ever leave not even at night,
But I won't leave you alone to deal with your fright.

There are others here with me inside of your head,
Pushing you pushing until you are dead.

I'll watch them for you all alone in the night,
Whenever they crawl out and give you a fright.

One day the other voices left your head,
Leaving you behind as good as dead.

But I will stay with you through day and night,
I won't let him fill your head with stories and fright.

Again I'm the only voice inside of your head,
And I will stand by you until you are dead.

Thousands of whispers haunt you every night,
But now I won't try to shield you from fright.

There's another voice creeping into your head,
Calling you waiting until she is dead.

He's whispering your name all through the night,
And you leaving me behind has given me a fright. 

Forgive me,
I really tried.

Please understand,
I thought I was right.

 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that was beautiful! You're getting me way too excited to see Jane Eyre! (And I'm sorry I'm commenting on all your blog posts now, some how the subcribing thing didn't work, have to try it again)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see you all tonight! ( eh, it's ok)

      Delete
  2. Great beauuutiful poem!!! I'M SO SORRY I WASN'T AT DRESS REHEARSAL!!! I TRIED SOOOO HARD AND I'M SO UPSET ABOUT IT!!! I will be thinking of you through the weekend! I know you'll do great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and IT'S OK I UNDERSTAND AND I'LL MISS YOU TOO!

      Delete