Sunday, March 6, 2016

A Quick Reminder

  "Never look back. If Cinderella went to pick up her shoe, she would not *have become a princess." Inspirational/Motivational quote:    I've been noticing a lot lately, people are judging others more, when we don't have that right. We automatically assume something based off a couple moments spent with that person, or just seeing a stranger walk down the street. We assume something because of how they look, how they talk, their smile. But most of the time, we're wrong. I'm guessing that everyone reading this has, many times, seen someone and thought one thing, that gotten to know them and realized that you were totally wrong about them.
     And even then, after we get to know them, we still judge them. That person that has never done anything wrong wears short shorts one day, and you judge her for the rest of the time you know her because of that.
     To actually get to my point, I'm going to share a story from my early years, so, around when I was 6 or so.

     Where I used to live, I belonged to a club for girls. Two of my friends went there, I'll call them T and S. But sadly, one of my worst enemies went there too, let's call her A. I hated A, and she hated me. We were forced to hang out together because our parents and younger sisters got along, but we hated every minute of it. One day this club met at A's house. A and S got along very well, for the lfe of my I didn't know why. A and S wanted us all to label ourselves in the only way known to first grade girls, by telling everyone if we were a tomboy, something everyone wanted to be, or a girly-girl, something no one wanted to be. A was convinced that I was girly-girl because of our hatred for each other, and so she started jumping around with S yelling "we're tomboys, what are yoooooouuuuuu?" But T and I were wise, and little us knew that we weren't just a label. So we proudly announced to A and S, "us? We're people."
     I think that I more then than I do now. We are all people, there is no label, and no one should judge. We were all created equal, remember that.

    Oh and, I haven't seen or talked to T and S who I loved so much in years and years. We moved, and I totally lost contact. A however will probably always be one of my good friends. Even though we live hours apart, we still try to get together at least once a year, text all the time, and have at least one road trip together planned right now. So second moral, things don't always turn out the way you think they're going to.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, last one had too many typos. I think that sometimes it's good to judge people to see if you wan't to be around a person like that. If we never judged one another, things would be a lot differant and not in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I judge to a point where it's too much. Thank you for the reminder, I need that!
    Being able to judge and distinguish a fake person who just wants attention to a person who is genuine is important too, and we can certainly not like things about people, but yeah, basing them on that is not cool.

    ReplyDelete