Sunday, November 6, 2016

The Big Thing


The other day I went to a park with my drama class to practice our skits. We walked through town wearing feather boas and tutus to the park.

The park is in the middle, and a lot of homeless people live there. When we started to practice there were no people around the stage. Halfway through the first act I turned around and saw people sitting in the back of the audience watching. At the end of the first act a man walked over from the library. As the next act started people people started to applaud and a group of kids walked over.

And when we were done everything went back to normal.

Fame would be great. No fame but a leading role on Broadway would be great. But I think using the theater to help people, if only for a moment would be better.

For me, the best part of after a show is not the praise, but the people who come up to me and tell me that I've made them cry/laugh. Not because I think that means my acting was good enough to make them cry/laugh, but because I know that our play took them out of the real world.

Being pulled out of reality and into a play is the best feeling in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment