Monday, April 20, 2015

Art



I call myself an artist. I sew, knit, glue, cut, crochet, etc, but I don't draw or paint. Correction, I can't draw and paint. I think I may actually be physically incapable of it judging by my attempts. But I do many, many other forms of DIY. But when you think of an artist, you think of a painting or a sculpture,  not a purse someone sewed or a room that someone decorated. I make some of my own clothing and jewelry, is that art? I decorated my room, is that art? Or is art just a mash or colors on a canvas or a clump of clay. If modern colleges are art, is my gum wrapper bracelet? They look the same! I think anything creative you make is art, and that means I'm an artist. And I love that. What do you all think? What makes art, art?

1 comment:

  1. Probably something creative and beautiful to the artist, but not purposefully to other people. I mean it's good if others like it to, but when your making something for yourself, I think it should stay for yourself, and it doesn't matter if other people like it.

    ReplyDelete