Sunday, November 8, 2015

flashbacks

     I open up a drawer and see a paper with the words "Harry Potter Planning" written on it and I remember the time I saw on my best friends bed with her and we wrote the first chapter or the book that would become one of the great parts of my life that I could always turn to when I needed to write something so I could  get inspired. I read through the list and laugh. Half of the peoples whose names are written down on the paper I haven't even seen in months, and the other half have changed.
     I open my closet to go through my clothes and take out the summer ones. I pick through the clothes. I swear everything hanging on the rack had a story. The shirt that I bought on the shopping trip with my friend where we ate at every single place in the small shopping mall where we live. The sweater that I bought at JCPennys well my sister and her friend went up and down and up and down the escalator. And the book that I wrote last year is hidden at the back of the closet. I remember writing it.
     A family in the parking lot brings back the memory of a little girl jumping with me and about a million stuffed animals on her trampoline. Of her mom telling me how she had asked for me to come back later that day. I remember her saying my name.
    


     How many more flashbacks will we have in a few years? How many will we laugh at like the clothes in the closet and how many will we cry for like the little girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment