Friday, January 1, 2016

Better than you

     Happy New Year everyone! so, last year (aka, yesterday) I've noticed more and more people constantly having to one up everyone, constantly having to be better than everyone else. I say I like blue, and they suddenly feel the great urge to tell me about their blue shoes that I don't have, and their blue shirt... I'm sure that everyone know someone like this, and even occasionally feel the urge to do that too, because you have to be better than everyone else to be loved right? You have to do better than them on everything.
     That's not true. You are you, and you are wonderful, even if you don't have the blue shoes and the blue shirt. And even if you do, constantly making yourself better than everyone who loves you isn't the best idea. Everyone needs their chance to have something and be able to tell everyone that their favorite color is blue without felling hurt afterwards by someone trying to make themselves better than them.
     You are one of God's perfect creations, and he loves you. I love you. You are surrounded by people who love you. So remember that this year and let 2016 be the year you are yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I agree. It's so hurtful when people do that. I just want to tell them, "You don't have to do that I like you already! You don't have to prove yourself to me."

    ReplyDelete