Friday, March 6, 2015

Come HERE fancy.

First off: this is my hundredth post! Hurrah!

Second: Elizabeth wrote a post a while ago about little children. Hers was about the children she was blessed to meet in Guatemala, but it got me thinking about the children we have here in the good old US of A. Today one of Clare and S's friends little sisters ( mailman's sisters first cousin :) came over well the rest of her family went skiing. She's almost three, and hearing her sit there talking to our hamster Katie saying " Fancy come out, fancy come out! " makes me realize just how sweet little children are once again. After we get to say, 7 life changes. We are all about other things, friends, clothing, money. These little children are truly happy just to sit there with a stuffed animal for hours. The little girl we're taking care of today just sat there for a good half hour with our cat ( and took some awesome selfies I wish I could show you)  She ate everything on her plate and didn't complain once because why would she? These are pancakes! She came to our house in her PJs with rabbits on her feet, not caring that she was *gasp* not looking perfect! She saw her hair was mussed, and didn't try to fix it. Oh no, she messed it up more!

A lot of the older kids/teenagers/adults I know ( and there are exceptions! ) would never do this.  we wake up in the morning and get dressed. Number one self check of the day. Then we brush our teeth (#2) and our hair (#3) at some point in the day a lot of us put on makeup (#4) and brush our hair at least one more time (#5). I'm not saying this is wrong, I do it as well! It's natural to us. But look at the difference. Doesn't it seem nice to just forget about all this for a day like the little kids do?

Do my question to my readers is: how would you like to be able to do this? Would you hate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment