Thursday, June 25, 2015

Book Review: My Sisters Keeper

My Sisters Keeper by Jodie Picoult



Four and a half stars

What I Liked About It: The story line was amazing, even of it was unrealistic.  I could identify with all the characters in some way, even the forty year old guy doctor, and I personally have never been a forty year old guy doctor. The plot was great, and the plot twists really got me.*Spoiler alert!!!*
 And you know Fault in our Stars, how the whole long novel is about getting to know a character, and then getting all sad when that characters boyfriend dies? It was a really sad book, and I was super impressed at how well the author did the death. Jodie Picoult managed to get twice the depth and sadness and pain in half a chapter. Like really, I can't remember the last time I cried that hard over a tiny characters death. It was amazing.
*End Spoiler!!!*
This book was really good, and I could connect the plot with moments when my little sister has been sick, even though this story is nothing like my story. I was able to find something.

What I Didn't Like About It: This is not a YA book, so it had some innaproriate content, but it faded to curtain every time, so it's more like you know just what's going on, but they don't tell you. It's implied. A lot of the romance was dumb as well.

Am I Glad I Read It: Yes. This book was super good and super sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment