Friday, June 26, 2015

Book review: Rapunzel Untangled



Rapunzel Untangled by, Cindy C Bennett

Four Stars

What I Liked About It: This was a fun retelling of Rapunzel. I liked how they put it in modern day, it was a cool twist. I've read a lot of fairy tale retellings, but there aren't that many good retellings of this story out there. I've found maybe one other book and it was really bad. This one really stayed true to the story, and the romance was cute.

What I Didn't Like About It: The romance was just cute. And every two seconds. Over the top. I don't mind romance at all, and it's kinda expected in books like this, but I got tired of it in this book. That's not all Rapunzel is about, there's also a lot of other things. I also didn't like the dark magic they put in this. It was just gross and had no point. It wasn't even that creepy.

Am I Glad I Read It: I honestly can't remember the last book I wasn't glad I read! I liked this book and I got an hour for the summer reading program! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment