Thursday, June 4, 2015

Car Crash

So the title is a bit of an exaggeration...Our road is a really bad dirt road with lots of sharp curves and potholes, and today as we came we came around the worst corner of the road we were a over the middle, and another car came at us on the wrong side of the road too, and when she saw us she threw on the brakes and jerked the wheel over to the right. She fishtailed and hit the hill on the side of the road and popped her tire. my mom and the other driver weren't hurt, and neither were me and the other two kids, a toddler, and I newborn in the cars, but everyone was super shaken up.

But when we were sitting there waiting for people to come and help, we met so many people. We met the two people who stopped, one to help and one with confusing motives, the woman driving the other car, her parents, her toddler, and her baby. We all stood out there at 7:30 at night and met people. The woman told us things about her family that she wouldn't have told us if we had just met her in the store. Her kid talked and talked and talked at us, and he wouldn't have otherwise.

We met a bunch or strangers, but by the time we left, I could see her mom in Walmart and know it was her. I probably won't ever see any of them again, but in half an hour I got to know people I wouldn't have.


No comments:

Post a Comment