Friday, December 4, 2015

Tech week and jitters

This week I had practice every day of the week. I started out all gung-ho, "I can totally have a sleepover, a party, and a four hour tech run today!". No longer. Now I am more " I can't even remember running that scene yesterday and I'm about to pass out."
Every day has gone until at least 8pm, later most of the time. And I'm super tired. My conversations are very intelligent. A tidbit from a couple days ago:
me: *coughs*
J- "what?"
me: "I didn't say anything."
J: "what?"
me: "what?"
J: "who?"
me:" how?"
J: "cat"
me: "Giraffe"
J: "How dare you say giraffe!"
me: "sorry!"

See what I mean? And in this week only I have said both adoikable instead of adorable and headbrush instead of hairbrush. This lead to a lot of singing " Where is my Headbrush!" backstage.
AND THE PLAY IS TODAY!!!! I'm sooo tired, I hope I make it!
Backstage Badger (theatre techies): MOSTLY THE FOOD PART!!! And not only during tech week!: Pinning this as the roof of my old theatre group caved in this morning and they're now demolishing it. It was an unstable, small, ancient building, but...Generations of memories. Props. Photographs. Light and sound equipment. Autographs. And nothing was saved.  The people that grew up acting there have become family over the years. And we still are...  RIP Creative Dramatics Workshop.:

No comments:

Post a Comment