Friday, February 20, 2015

Book reviews!

I've decided to start reviewing some book on here! I will take requests for books you want to read, but aren't sure if you should. Here's how it will work,
Star system
5 stars- My new fav!
4 stars- I luved this book!
3 stars- It was good.
2 stars- It was alright.
1 star- I didn't like it.
Goodreads review: a quick overview of the book
What I liked: explanation is right there in the title
What I didn't like: ditto
Overall: ditto my last ditto
Am I glad I read it? : ditto my previous two dittos


My first review: The Fault in our Stars
Attachment

4.5 stars

Goodreads review: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

What I liked: The story really brought me closer to the character, and i was able to cry when bad things happened to them. The romance really seemed to work with the characters, and the main mail character wasn't the stereotypical quirky-but-cute-so-I-must-love-him character. All his qualities were separate, but pulled together to make a great charrie! 

What I didn't like: There was a scene scene, but not that bad of one from all I could tell. I just skipped those couple pages. There were a couple awkward references, and a lot of cussing. It wasn't bad at first, but then they started in on worse words, and even used the F word once. 

Am I glad I read it: YES!!!!! I only gave it a 4.5 instead of a 5 because of the scene scene.  




2 comments:

  1. I want to read it, but because of the language and all I haven't and probably won't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I wasn't allowed to read it for a really long time.

    ReplyDelete