Sunday, February 22, 2015

Unwind by, Neil Shusterman

Unwind by, Neil Shusterman

Five Stars.... Or maybe six. Or ten.

Goodreads review- Connor, Risa, and Lev are running for their lives.

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.

What I liked about it- Oh man, where do I start? This book is my fav book ever and there are so many great things about it. First off, it's a four book series and that means the awesomeness will go on for a long time :) I personally think the author has a great view of all the abortions that are going on right now, but I can't be sure because of the whole fiction part of these books. The characters really grow on you, and I haven't cried so hard about fictional charries in a long time. Even the minor charries and villains deaths really hit me hard. You get really attached to the characters and it's awful when bad things happen to them. There is a lot of romance in it, but it's totally clean and totally believable. When I started the book I thought the romance part of it was going to be cheesy and weird, but by the end of the book after the charries had gone through several real life problems in that area, I grew close to them in that area as well. Yes, as you can tell by the Goddreads review, it is a little gross, but nothing to bad. If you have an extremely visual mind and a sensitive stomach...... Still read it but be prepared.  It is totally worth all the trauma you will experience.

What I didn't like about it- Ummm, nothing? Well, I guess there were a few things. The villains were villans, and so there were not so great things about them. But even that I didn't mind so much.

Was it worth the read- YES!!!!!! I luved this book so much, rand if you ever read it you HAVE to email me so was can cry over Cam together ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment