Saturday, February 21, 2015

Roadside Assistance by, Amy Clipson

Three stars 
Goodreads overview-
Emily Curtis is used to dealing with her problems while under the hood of an old Chevy, but when her mom dies, Emily's world seems shaken beyond repair. Driven from home by hospital bills they can't pay, Emily and her dad move in with his wealthy sister, who intends to make her niece more feminine---in other words, just like Whitney, Emily's perfect cousin. But when Emily hears the engine of a 1970 Dodge Challenger, and sees the cute gearhead, Zander, next door, things seem to be looking up.

But even working alongside Zander can't completely fix the hole in Emily's life. Ever since her mom died, Emily hasn't been able to pray, and no one---not even Zander---seems to understand. But 
sometimes the help you need can come from the person you least expect.
What I liked about it - I cringed at the main Charries situation whenever she mentioned it. I could really picture it and I could feel her pain. I am a bit like the girl in the book ( except I hate cars past driving them) and I could really connect with her. 
What I didn't like about it- It was a lot like every other christian romance I've ever read. They seem to have a set format that this one was following. I liked the first few books I read that were like this, but I'm getting kinda tired of them 
Was I glad I read this book- I was glad, I don't feel like I wasted my time on this book. It's a nice thing to read when you have some free time and nothing else to read. I will be checking out some more of this authors book for the same reasons, but it wasn't something I'll buy or anything. 
And I have no idea where all these lines came from or if they'll show up on the blog. :) 


3 comments:

  1. I read this book. It sagged in the middle but it was really good at the end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I liked the end better too. I just got really tired of her doing nothing but yelling at God and obsessing over Zander in the middle p.

    ReplyDelete