Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Greetings from Alamosa!

We went to Alamosa CO a few weeks ago, and I took a ton of pictures that I keep meaning to up on here. So here they are, two weeks late :) 

First off on the drive there we saw lots

Attachment

And lots

Attachment
And lots 
Attachment

Of mountains 
Attachment

We drove through Salida on our way

Attachment

I personally would luv to live in this house

Attachment

Imagine this:

You can't see where the hill actually started going down because it's so steep and covered with snow. You sit down on the sled and take a deep breath staring down the hill. Finally you push off and your sled go's flying off the hill. It's steeper than you had thought and much longer. As you go down you grab a handful of the snow that's covering everything. You take a bite and spit it out. The snow tastes great but the sand..... Not so much. You're down the hill, but you keep going up the next one you went so fast down the first. You only go a bit up before you hit wet sand and you start sliding down that hill. You almost go back up the hill you originally came down, but you don't have enough momentum and you just slide for a long time through the valley. You finally stop because a ton of snow has piled 
up against your sled and it stops you. You stand up. Your covered with snow, both regular and melted,
 because you forgot to bring snow pants and it's to hot for a coat. You laugh and head back up the hill
 for another round. These are the Great Sand Dunes in winter 
Attachment 

Attachment 

Attachment 

Attachment  
On the way back we went to the alligator farm. They had signs all over with things like " trespassers will be delicious" and " it only hurts until you pass out"  I laughed at the signs and at the people warning us that " they needed to take a picture of us just so they could tell how many of us didn't come out again." S held a baby alligator ( that a man then had trouble " wrestling" a few hours later. Like honestly, he couldn't even hold it) and then we went into a room full of cages. No alligators were in these cages, only snakes and things. Then saw them. A bunch of crocodiles were sitting in a huge tank in the corner of the room just staring at us. We walked by them...... And one started roaring and jumped at us. That was it, I was out. I literally pulled mom out of the room without even looking at anything else.
Outside was a bit better, if you didn't mind the ramshackle pens that were falling down and the killer turkeys. But even then it was much easier to walk down the paths looking at the alligators and crocodiles. They really are pretty with there slimy scales and there wicked smiles. We were almost out when one of the caretakers felt the need to come over and talk at us for hours. He really was a sweet guy, and he told us some really interesting stuff. One "fun fact" being that they had never had an alligator get farther than the highway.
Oh that's cool, so what is that over...... Hold on wait. You mean they can get out? Of course he told us, one got out just three days ago, she froze to death so there was nothing to worry about.
Yes but see, they get out. That's not cool. We quickly said good bye to the man ( well, I did ,mom did only after I dragged her away) and left the building. After we got outside mom said that we should go thank the people at the front desk so we all followed her as the went and thanked the cashier man. We were just leaving when he said " have you seen the albino alligators?" And then I had to follow my family as they went to see the albino alligators and snapping turtle. Honestly, I'm so glad I didn't miss
that. All the animals in that room were absolutely gorgeous. But never the less as soon as we got
home I taught my dog to hate our rubber alligator and try to eat it.
 Attachment 

 Attachment 


But through all this I think my favorite thing I saw was an old broken down school house on the side of the road

Attachment 

Attachment 

Attachment 

And here are some random pictures......

Attachment 


Attachment 

If you made it through all that I applaud you * applauds* have a virtual cookie. (::) wow, I think I'll have one too (::) the dumb page kept reloading, and then it wouldn't let me scroll down and the pictures wouldn't load..... I hope you all appreciate how much work I out into this! Now comment people! :)
  

4 comments:

  1. hi hey ho hum he ha offffff! theres a deer right outside my window!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see pics of the albino alligator. Good job on this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see if I can find some! They really were very pretty.

    ReplyDelete