Friday, May 1, 2015

Book Review: Scarlet



Scarlet by, Marissa Meyer

4.7 stars

Goodreads Summery-
Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison--even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.


What I liked-
     These books just get better and better as you go along! I loved this book for most of the same reasons as Cinder. The characters are even more realistic in this book and some new characters are introduced to the plot that make the story even more exciting and really pull together the whole story. There were a couple things that she left hanging after the first book, and even though Scarlet pulls those together to make sense the author still left me hanging after this book because she introduced new questions. I have never had the characters in a book confuse me so much as this book and I loved it. The on-again-off-again-love-hate-relationship between two of the characters was wonderfully confusing, and at a couple points in the book I had to look around and make sure I hadn't woken up the rest of my family I was gasping so much. That sounds dumb, but it's true, this book really kept me on edge and I couldn't stop reading! I think I stayed up until 1am finishing this book, that's how good it was.  

What I didn't like-
     This book had .3 points knocked off of it because of the slight inappropriateness of some of the lines. It really didn't bother me at all, I actually didn't get most of the jokes or whatever until hours later when I was going through the book in my head for the hundredth time in a row, and I have a very high bar for these sorts of things. The jokes were Hunger Games level tops, and that's not bad at all. It was just enough for me to not make it a five.

Am I glad I read it-
     Yes, very glad. This book was even better than the first on and that's really saying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment