Wednesday, July 22, 2015

my life

  When she proved that empathy plays a huge part in great acting.   I am totally in love with acting. It's everything I've ever wanted to do sense I was in kindergarten. Being an actress is having every life that you could ever want, being able to be just as insane as you want to be, being anyone and anything all the time. And the people! They're wonderful! I have run into a mean actor once in all the years that I've been acting. I can meet a person one day and be slightly awkward trying to get to know them, and then the next day be practically crying because this scene that you both are in is soooo funny! And then you're singing a mixture of Frozen and Les Miserables backstage at the top of your lungs. Inside jokes last for years. I had a person come up to me Monday and say,
"Remember that time last year with the shirt?"
     And we both started laughing. Last year! You can run around the stage randomly shouting your "true loves" name without it seeming odd at all and everyone else totally gets why your running around shouting. When your an actress it's perfectly normal to sit in a cardboard box just because. I have known people to walk around in a medieval jesters hat all day because they felt like it.
     The greatest part of my life is when I walk onstage in a completely weird costume and makeup to the nines, and not being able to see the audience because of the lights shining in your eyes but being able to hear them cheer and boo and hiss through the play.
     Have you ever let go at some point in you life? Been totally weird because you could? And didn't it feel awesome?!? Imagine that almost all the time. That's my life. And I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment